Screensaver looping

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
mike acker
Level 7
Level 7

Screensaver looping

Post by mike acker »

when I came back from lunch I noticed a lot of fan noise.....

on checking I found a 3 of 4 CPU running at 100% and in the system monitor the screensaver was the culprit -- three of 'em each looping, using 25% of system capacity

inxi -F showed CPU temp at 62C and fanspeed 5700 rpm

a system restart settled this down, -- but -- since the recent screensaver updates -- things havn't been right.

for starters, the log back in screen doesn't recognize carriage return: it lets me type in the password but won't accept it when i press enter. i have to click the change user option and then i can go on normally

for now i've disabled screen saver in the system settings.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
¡Viva la Resistencia!
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Screensaver looping

Post by deepakdeshp »

Does everything work except the screen saver?
Which Mint version and desktop are you using?
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
mike acker
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Screensaver looping

Post by mike acker »

a Cinamon update was received this morning

as soon at the update completed I did a system restart and following that I did a ctrl-alt-L to lock the screen

I was able to get back on by hitting <enter> and then typing my password and pressing <enter>

yesterday the machine ignored the <enter> ; I would have to select user and then use the subsequent menu

this morning after I did the screen un-lock I did not observe high CPU on and of the 4 CPU and Cinamon did not appear in the process chart -- as it did yesterday

so,-- the update *may* have resolved the issue; if we make it thru today OK I'm going to say it did.

Cinamon Version = 3.2.6
¡Viva la Resistencia!

Return to “LMDE Archive”