Favorites bar - what controls which icons are displayed ? [SOLVED]

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
ron_h
Level 4
Level 4

Favorites bar - what controls which icons are displayed ? [SOLVED]

Post by ron_h »

LMDE2 Cinnamon 64bit installed from the iso on a USB stick, system is up to date according to Update Manager

I don't like the power off icon at the bottom of the Favorites bar of the main menu. I prefer the one I had in LMDE1. So, how do I go about changing it ? Do I 'somewhere' have to select a different package of icons ? Or what ?

Ron
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Penn

Re: Favorites bar - what controls which icons are displayed ?

Post by Penn »

This and your other question have similar answers.

usr/share/icons/(your icon theme name)

The system-shutdown icon is in actions and the wine icon is in apps. I would keep them the same format as already in the theme so if you are using Mint-X they are png (gimp can export png from svg) and I would just go with replacing them in all sizes instead of trying to figure out which size you need.

After doing that you might need to reset the menu to defaults to get Wine back and either reboot or switch away from and back to the theme.
ron_h
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Favorites bar - what controls which icons are displayed ?

Post by ron_h »

As far as I know, I am using LMDE2 as delivered. If Mint-X is the default as delivered, that is what I am using.
usr/share/icons/(your icon theme name)
Where do I need to change to the one I prefer ? What setting and/or control file or whatever ?

Ron

UPDATE System Settings - Appedarance - Themes - Icons - gnome colors common gives me what I'm looking for

MANY THANKS

Return to “LMDE Archive”