upgrade LibreOffice (solved)

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
xfrank
Level 5
Level 5

upgrade LibreOffice (solved)

Post by xfrank » Mon May 15, 2017 10:14 am

Hi! I'm just trying LMDE 2 (after being a former user of the older LMDE until was discontinued) and I notice that some programs are quite old. I need the last version of LibreOffice, how can I upgrade it safely?
I saw this advice using backports: viewtopic.php?t=212397
...so all I have to do is after creating the backports file (with jessie) is:

Code: Select all

apt install -t jessie-backports LibreOffice
? :)
Last edited by xfrank on Tue May 16, 2017 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Linux everywhere. Active Distros in my many computers: LM17.3 (Cinnamon, Xfce); LM18.1 (Cinnamon,Xfce); LMDE 2 (Mate), MXLinux (Xfce), Debian 9 (Xfce).

xfrank
Level 5
Level 5

Re: upgrade LibreOffice

Post by xfrank » Mon May 15, 2017 9:31 pm

Well, I did by myself: created the backports file and then upgraded LibreOffice in the terminal via Jessie backports. All went fine, apparently there is no bug. Now the LO version is 5.2.5.1 :)
Linux everywhere. Active Distros in my many computers: LM17.3 (Cinnamon, Xfce); LM18.1 (Cinnamon,Xfce); LMDE 2 (Mate), MXLinux (Xfce), Debian 9 (Xfce).

Return to “Newbie Questions”