Problems with lmde 2 on virtualbox

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
Faceless
Level 1
Level 1

Problems with lmde 2 on virtualbox

Postby Faceless » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:00 pm

I'm using windows 7 pro 64 bit on lenovo g510. Tried to install lmde 2 on virtualbox, installation process went normally, but after rebooting "install linux mint" button did not disappear, I can't change nor user name (default "mint") nor password (unknown) and all config's disappearing after rebooting. Tried on different computer - the same. With mint 18.1 everything ok. What could be the problem?

chrisuk
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Problems with lmde 2 on virtualbox

Postby chrisuk » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:17 pm

It sounds like you've left the CD/USB in the drive... either physically or the .iso virtually - so you're still booting the Live CD/USB
Chris

Manjaro MATE - Antergos MATE - MX Linux - LMDE MATE

Fred Barclay
Level 11
Level 11

Postby Fred Barclay » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:37 pm

I agree with chris, you've probably inadvertently left the LMDE 2 iso in the virtual drive.
To remove it, go to the "Storage" options for your LMDE 2 VM, click the iso image and then the DVD icon, and choose "Remove Disk from Virtual Drive".
vbox_mintforums.png
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."
- Albert Einstein

Faceless
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Faceless » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:57 pm

Thanks, it was the problem.

Pepi
Level 4
Level 4

Postby Pepi » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:46 pm