Icon Themes with MATE 18.1

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
Pepi
Level 4
Level 4

Icon Themes with MATE 18.1

Postby Pepi » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:16 pm

I noticed on my LMDE2 with MATE 18.1 that my sound icon doesn't change on any icon themes? Does yours? Mine is always simple and BLACK :x

JosephM
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Icon Themes with MATE 18.1

Postby JosephM » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:22 pm

Sorry if this is obvious, but did you try logging out and back in? Killing and restarting the panel would likely do the same thing. In some cases things will not change until they are restarted.

Since icon themes work through inheritance, the new theme you choose must also contain it's own version of that particular icon or it will be inherited from a parent theme.
When I give opinions, they are my own. Not necessarily those of any other Linux Mint developer or the Linux Mint project as a whole.

Pepi
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Icon Themes with MATE 18.1

Postby Pepi » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:01 pm

JosephM wrote:Sorry if this is obvious, but did you try logging out and back in? Killing and restarting the panel would likely do the same thing. In some cases things will not change until they are restarted.

Since icon themes work through inheritance, the new theme you choose must also contain it's own version of that particular icon or it will be inherited from a parent theme.

that's it :oops: Weird, my LMDE2 Mint MATE 17 machine will change when I make the icon change.

Thanks

Return to “Newbie Questions”