Update mintupdate not handle 1024x576 display [SOLVED]

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
ron_h
Level 4
Level 4

Update mintupdate not handle 1024x576 display [SOLVED]

Post by ron_h »

LMDE2 Cinnamon 32bit

My netbook has a builtin display of 1024x576. The mintupdate 'choose your mode' screen that comes up immediately after the update does not fit within this so I am unable t make a choice until I plug in an external display. Note a similar problem also occurs during the original installation of LMDE2, and can also be solved by plugging in an external display. It would be better if mintupdate uses scroll bars if the window does not fit within the dimensions of the current display.

Ron
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Update of mintupdate does not handle 1024x576 display

Post by jimallyn »

You can hold down the Alt key then use the mouse to "grab" the application anywhere, and move it so that you can see to make your choice.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
ron_h
Level 4
Level 4

Post by ron_h »

Thank you for that tip. I will try to remember it when the problem next occurs. Is the tip 'standard behaviour' ? That is, valid in LMDE2 Cinnamon for any app displaying a window bigger than the current display, but not showing scroll bars ?

Ron
killer de bug

Post by killer de bug »

Yes this is the standard tip you need to use for all the windows which don't fit in your screen.
ron_h
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Update mintupdate not handle 1024x576 display [SOLVED]

Post by ron_h »

Super, many thanks

Ron

Return to “LMDE Archive”