Mate Panel Applets?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
0x2620
Level 2
Level 2

Mate Panel Applets?

Postby 0x2620 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:15 pm

I did something and now a few of them don't appear on boot. I get an error message and I have to manually add them to the panel each time. I think maybe I deleted a configuration file somewhere. What are they called, where are they stored, and where are their configuration files stored?

all41
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Mate Panel Applets?

Postby all41 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:23 pm

You should be able to restore the panel to default configurations by opening a terminal and copy/paste the following:

Code: Select all

mate-panel --reset
Proud to be a supporter and monthly contributor to Mint.

0x2620
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Mate Panel Applets?

Postby 0x2620 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:12 pm

I think it has something to do with transparency or not using the default system colors. It only does that when I change those settings on mate-panel.

I removed libre office when I recently installed LMDE2, and I think that removed a few python packages. They may be related to this.

Return to “Newbie Questions”