Occasional xsession-errors on login

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
0x2620
Level 2
Level 2

Occasional xsession-errors on login

Postby 0x2620 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:11 pm

Once every 10 or so logins I get an error that my session lasted less than 10 seconds, and that I should check ~/.xsession-errors. Here's the output of .xsession-errors:

/etc/mdm/Xsession: Beginning session setup...
localuser:person being added to access control list
I: Script for none started at run_im.
I: Script for none started at run_im.
gnome-keyring-daemon: insufficient process capabilities, unsecure memory might get used
mate-session[3150]: WARNING: Unable to find provider '' of required component 'dock'
Window manager warning: Log level 16: g_object_set_valist: object class 'MetaFrames' has no property named 'type'
Unable to open desktop file /usr/share/applications/firefox.desktop for panel launcher
gnome-keyring-daemon: insufficient process capabilities, unsecure memory might get used
SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/run/user/1000/keyring/ssh
GPG_AGENT_INFO=/run/user/1000/keyring/gpg:0:1
Initializing caja-open-terminal extension

(nm-applet:3323): libnm-glib-CRITICAL **: nm_secret_agent_register: assertion 'priv->registered == FALSE' failed
Window manager warning: Buggy client sent a _NET_ACTIVE_WINDOW message with a timestamp of 0 for 0x2000008 ()
Window manager warning: meta_window_activate called by a pager with a 0 timestamp; the pager needs to be fixed.
Window manager warning: Buggy client sent a _NET_ACTIVE_WINDOW message with a timestamp of 0 for 0x2000008 ()
Window manager warning: meta_window_activate called by a pager with a 0 timestamp; the pager needs to be fixed.
mintUpdate: no process found

Any idea why this happens?

kc1di
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Occasional xsession-errors on login

Postby kc1di » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:42 am

can you give us a little more info on your setup , Which version of Mint are you running?

0x2620
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Occasional xsession-errors on login

Postby 0x2620 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:50 pm

LMDE2, Mate, 64-bit.

Return to “Newbie Questions”