[solved] lmde2 cinnamon window colors

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
hatebreed

[solved] lmde2 cinnamon window colors

Post by hatebreed »

Is there a way to change the window colors in lmde2 cinnamon? I've tried a bunch of different theme and gnome editors and can't seem to get this to work. Any suguestions?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Dr. Octagon
Level 2
Level 2

Re: lmde2 cinnamon window colors

Post by Dr. Octagon »

Hello,

first... Gnome Editors on Cinnamon - not just the name is different. ;) Maybe I am wrong...

I've changed all colours/themes via Menu>Settings>Themes... and what could I say - it worked out of the box.
I've installed later on some external themes, because the Mint ones didn't fit my preferred style.

If you like dark themes.. check out this setting:
Bildschirmfoto vom 2017-10-15 17-19-09.png
Cu
Dr. Octagon
A good stumbler doesn't fall...
hatebreed

Post by hatebreed »

is this on lmde2? mine will not change the window color for some reason. this is what mine looks like no matter what I try.
Screenshot from 2017-10-15 11-04-09.png
hatebreed

Post by hatebreed »

I got it figured out now. I wasn't changing the controls setting. Kinda weird it would be under that setting to change window colors but oh well it's working. thanks for the help!!
Pepi
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Pepi »

hatebreed wrote:I got it figured out now. I wasn't changing the controls setting. Kinda weird it would be under that setting to change window colors but oh well it's working. thanks for the help!!
Strange? I don't see anyway to change windows colors via the 'control settings' :?:
austin.texas
Level 20
Level 20

Re: [solved] lmde2 cinnamon window colors

Post by austin.texas »

Mint 18.2 Cinnamon, Quad core AMD A8-3870 with Radeon HD Graphics 6550D, 8GB DDR3, Ralink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
Linux Linx 2018
hatebreed

Re: [solved] lmde2 cinnamon window colors

Post by hatebreed »

what i meant to say was the controls section under the theme manager.

Return to “LMDE Archive”