Audio jumps to 100% - ouch!

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Fuzzy
Level 4
Level 4

Audio jumps to 100% - ouch!

Post by Fuzzy »

I installed a program from the main LMDE2 repository in order to help organize my CD/DVD/Book collection(s). I use it once or twice a year fairly heavily, but forget I even have it most of the time.

One of the reasons I don't use it more often, is that any time a user inadvertently tries to close a dialog without saving, the "DO YOU WANT TO SAVE" window pops up with the usual "bomp!" sound - but it does so at 100% volume - regardless of the audio settings, and then (to make matters worse), it actually raises the default audio volume of the system to 100% and leaves it there.

It brings me out of my chair every time it happens, and half the time I forget that it raised my primary volume, so I get another jolt when I sit down to listen to music or etc.

Is there any way to disable sounds on a per program/per app basis?

Thanks,
Fuzzy
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Flemur
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Audio jumps to 100% - ouch!

Post by Flemur »

Fuzzy wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:39 pmIs there any way to disable sounds on a per program/per app basis?
That could depend on the program.

What's the program?
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?
Fuzzy
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Audio jumps to 100% - ouch!

Post by Fuzzy »

Tellico

...also of note:

Tellico never shows up as an application in the SOUND PREFERENCES tab in volume control. Also, "SOUND EFFECTS" in SOUND PREFERENCES is set to "No Sound".

Return to “LMDE Archive”