Release notes

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Curtrey

Release notes

Post by Curtrey »

The release notes concerning PAE support in 32 bit kernel the command lines were
apt update
apt install linux-headers-686-pae linux-image-686-pae

I tried many times and confirmed my reading of the entries.

The "install linux-headers..." part of the command produced the response of "has no installation candidate"
The second part of the command produced the response "unable to locate package"

I tried to use synaptic to get some satisfaction but without success.

AS we are now less than 3 months to 1/1/19 things don't look good for LMDE 3

What can be done to solve this problem?

Help please Curtrey
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Release notes

Post by karlchen »

[Added 10-10-2018]:
Ignore my post below. I had not realized this thread is about LMDE, not about Ubuntu based Mint. My fault. :oops:
~~~
Curtrey wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:18 pmThe release notes concerning PAE support in 32 bit kernel the command lines were ...
How old are the release notes which you refer, too?
If my memory serves me right then the last Linux Mint 32-bit release, which could be got without obligatory PAE support, was Mint 13.
My hardware is nearing the 10th birthday. All of my machines support PAE out of the box.
Last edited by karlchen on Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Ignore my post. I had not realized this thread is about LMDE, not about Ubuntu based Mint. My fault. :oops:
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 762 days now.
Lifeline
Curtrey

Post by Curtrey »

The release notes I referred to are the current release notes for LMDE 3. Attention is drawn to these release notes at boot of LMDE3
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Monsta »

Both packages are available in Debian repos, so they should install fine. Just in case, check your repositories with inxi -r.

Return to “LMDE Archive”