Questions about Grub, the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
dld
Level 1
Level 1

Install to an Asus f556

Postby dld » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:49 am

Sad story. I bought an Asus f556 with SSD to reduce boot times on dual boot with Win 10. I used the old Betsy DVD that I used to install on a couple of other machines. And it installed on the new machine also. BUT Two main problems before I invest a lot of time configuring. 1) I could not get a wireless connection. 2) I could not change screen resolution at all. I got the mac number by going into Win10, and was able to use a wired connection to gain updates, But nothing would produce a wifi connection. I could change font size so that I could read, but a lower resolution would be better.

My old LMDE-1 DVD didn't complete installation. My UBUNTU 16.04 DVD did install, and I did get a wifi connection and change screen size. But before a spend a great deal of time trying to overcome the differences between UBUNTU and LMDE, I thought that I might do better by asking your help. Thank you in advance.

dld
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Install to an Asus f556

Postby dld » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:19 am

Linuxmint-18-Mate solved my problems. WiFi was there immediately; lots of resolutions to choose from. Human icons and humanity theme installed. ...

I suspect that Debian software has not kept up with Ubuntu. Thanks

Return to “Installation & Boot”