Live session - missing modules

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
andoru

Live session - missing modules

Post by andoru »

Tried to run the latest version of LMDE Mate 32-bit edition but I can't seem to be able to boot into the live session. It shows up the Linux Mint logo, after which it switches to the first TTY, on which this is the last line displayed:

dm-raid45 not found - modules.dep

I'm not even using RAID on my system...
If I continue (by pressing 'enter' and typing exit at the following prompt), I get more similar messages with other modules missing, until I get a kernel panic.
I've checked the iso image, if it's sha256 hash matches the one specified on the site, and it does.
I've also tried to run the same image in a virtual machine, and it works flawlessly. Is there something amiss with my machine?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kevinthefixer
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Live session - missing modules

Post by kevinthefixer »

Well, what is your machine, anyway? The dm-RAID modules missing is normal, mine does that every boot and still works fine.
andoru

Re: Live session - missing modules

Post by andoru »

Thanks for the reply! It's a Dell OptiPlex GX-620 (Intel Pentium D dual core with Intel GMA integrated graphics and 2GB RAM). This is the first time I ever had any issues booting into a live session with this machine... The regular (Ubuntu based) version of Linux Mint Mate boots just fine.

Return to “LMDE Archive”