LMDE Install: OEM Option?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
darethehair
Level 4
Level 4

LMDE Install: OEM Option?

Post by darethehair »

Question: Does LMDE share the same ability to install as an 'OEM' as does the regular version of Mint?

Background: I have lately been wiping the hard drives of some old PCs that I own, and slapping on an 18.3 version of Linux Mint -- for the purposes of giving them away (or selling cheaply). Why the Ubuntu 18.3 version and not my beloved LMDE version? Because LMDE is a bit too old, and I didn't want to delay until the next version comes out. In any case, I was beginning to find it tedious to do a 'real' install with a 'fake' userid/password, then updating the software, etc. Then I took more notice of the 'OEM' option that was available. I didn't know why my GRUB2 direct-ISO boot was not giving that option to me, until I just discovered that the secret is having this parameters on the grub line:

Code: Select all

oem-config/enable=true only-ubiquity
This seems to work great for the regular Ubuntu-based Mint versions, but I did not see the same options being available for the latest (now old) LMDE. Is that because it is too old -- and will be present in the next version? Or because this is some sort of Ubuntu-only option that LMDE will never have?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
There is nothing more dangerous than a bored cat.

Return to “LMDE Archive”