Enable graphics acceleration + window animations under LMDE 2

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Raeven

Enable graphics acceleration + window animations under LMDE 2

Post by Raeven »

Hello,

I will need help installing Linux Mint Debian Edition (LMDE 2).

So, my problem is that when I make a bootable key of LMDE, with the software Rufus and then, I start on this key, the office of Mint is displayed, but without graphic acceleration ... And it's the same once the OS is installed ...

So I do not know if my PC is not new enough, because it's still ... Something good: A Lenovo 520S, with a correct graphics chipset, or if it's just LMDE that is too obsolete compared to my drivers ...

Because I have LMDE, but it's still more practical when the aesthetics of the OS is there too (Animations windows etc.)

So if anyone has a solution to that, I'm a taker :)

Thank you !
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
shinjox27

Re: Enable graphics acceleration + window animations under LMDE 2

Post by shinjox27 »

You'll have to find the correct Drivers for your device here's a wiki on how
https://unix.stackexchange.com/question ... r-a-device

Also LMDE2 is based on a older version of Debian and you probably won't see extra devices becoming supported seeing as software is already starting to become obsolete. However you can download a copy of Debian Jessie and install Cinnamon to get a idea of what kind of support you will have in LMDE3
https://www.debian.org/releases/jessie/
kevinthefixer
Level 4
Level 4

Post by kevinthefixer »

To begin with, just what hardware do you have? Try inxi -Fxi in terminal.

How to install graphics drivers depends largely on what hardware you have. Hint: the Linux Mint main edition has a built-in driver manager and is generally better suited for beginners. And it doesn't cost a cent more.
jaymot

Post by jaymot »

How can you install graphics drivers in LMDE when, at its default boot-time resolution of 640x480, you can't even get to the OK and Next buttons in an installer because the windows are so huge the buttons are off-screen? That issue made me toss LMDE on the repository junkpile.
cm1

Post by cm1 »

jaymot wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 8:37 pm How can you install graphics drivers in LMDE when, at its default boot-time resolution of 640x480, you can't even get to the OK and Next buttons in an installer because the windows are so huge the buttons are off-screen? That issue made me toss LMDE on the repository junkpile.
Hold down the Alt button and click anywhere in the Window to move it.

Return to “LMDE Archive”