reduce size of icons in notification area applet on Mate

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
fayad

reduce size of icons in notification area applet on Mate

Post by fayad »

How do I reduce the size of icons in notification area applet of mate panel ? This is LMDE betsy. I simply couldn't find the css this time.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Fornhamfred
Level 6
Level 6

Re: reduce size of icons in notification area applet on Mate

Post by Fornhamfred »

Right click the panel and select properties, reducing the height of the panel automatically reduces the size if the icons.
fayad

Post by fayad »

Fornhamfred wrote:Right click the panel and select properties, reducing the height of the panel automatically reduces the size if the icons.
Panel height is around 25 so that won't make any difference. I have to reduce the icon alone. Have to change the CSS that handles icon size of notification area. I don't know where it is.
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Monsta »

CSS in GTK+2 apps? :shock:
fayad

Post by fayad »

Monsta wrote:CSS in GTK+2 apps? :shock:
Great! Enlighten me then.
fayad

Post by fayad »

I assumed it was something to do in css. Because that's how I did in Cinnamon but that's GTK 3+. I don't know about GTK 2.
Won't be able to reduce the panel anymore for reducing the icon. So I think I'll live with it.
Anyway thanks Monsta, Fornhamfred.
JosephM
Level 6
Level 6

Post by JosephM »

Unfortunately, no css in gtk2 theming. For the Mint-X theme you could try going into /usr/share/themes/Mint-X/gtk-2.0/styles/panel.rc and messing around in there. If you're using a different theme just look for something similar. I don't have Mate currently installed to test. To experiment you might try add a ythickness value inside the "panel" style. I really don't know if it will work though.
When I give opinions, they are my own. Not necessarily those of any other Linux Mint developer or the Linux Mint project as a whole.
fayad

Post by fayad »

JosephM wrote:Unfortunately, no css in gtk2 theming. For the Mint-X theme you could try going into /usr/share/themes/Mint-X/gtk-2.0/styles/panel.rc and messing around in there. If you're using a different theme just look for something similar. I don't have Mate currently installed to test. To experiment you might try add a ythickness value inside the "panel" style. I really don't know if it will work though.
Thanks JosephM. I did not get it to work but at least that was the right direction to look at. In between 1.10 release of Mate desktop is out. Eager to check the changes there.

Return to “LMDE Archive”