How to install Compiz on LMDE-2

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
benbadge72

Re: How to install Compiz on LMDE-2

Post by benbadge72 »

Not sure if it is the actual case or not. For me here, looks as though, Compiz was automatically installed. If not installed during the original Mate, then during Cinnamon install. Currently, using Cinnamon w/ Software Rendering in Betsy & enjoying the Void theme greatly. Writing this from in Firefox. :) Often, inclined to be the "a text editor is a text editor" sort of people. That geist der dinge (spirit of things) likely transfers to web browsers, except for the chrome lot.
killer de bug

Post by killer de bug »

benbadge72 wrote:Not sure if it is the actual case or not. For me here, looks as though, Compiz was automatically installed. If not installed during the original Mate, then during Cinnamon install.
For sure, Compiz is not installed with Cinnamon. Cinnamon is stand alone and cannot work with Compiz.
benbadge72

Post by benbadge72 »

killer de bug wrote:
benbadge72 wrote:Not sure if it is the actual case or not. For me here, looks as though, Compiz was automatically installed. If not installed during the original Mate, then during Cinnamon install.
For sure, Compiz is not installed with Cinnamon. Cinnamon is stand alone and cannot work with Compiz.
Okay, will accept your word on that. Thought I had seen wobly windows though in the settings for Cinnamon. Looked again where I thought I saw it, it was not present. May be for Mate, not sure. Do know that cinnamon does at least seem highly tricked out effects wise. Not sure of a lot as I have switched flavors, soon will be though.
Capodastro

Post by Capodastro »

OK!

Tested on 17.1 KDE x64:
Perfect!

Tested on 17.3 KDE x64:
Perfect!

I use the new Rosa (17.3 KDE) obtained as on line update from 17.1 --> 17.2 --> 17.3. Despite multiple automatic upgrades to newer versions my old 0.8.9 is still intact by reason of different paths and works 100%. Metacity decorator included. However, the Emerald self compiled engines are gorgeous, much much better as by every other version. That is why I use the self compiled version. I was on troubles by compiling until I didn't clean manually finding an undeleted version under /usr/local.

Any Idea where to find an appropriate source code for Fusion Icon? Don't, I am not fetishist, I am just installing Mint with Compiz on various laptops by beginners, and some are 11 years old :). The Teachers use during the school lessons MS Office, basically forcing the pupils to buy Office and OS. I am just doing a little anti-publicity, children just love Linux-Compiz and don't accord the permission the own parents to delete Linux. :) :) :).

Thanks!
Capodastro

Post by Capodastro »

OK,
I found a good source by
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/fu ... 0-3ubuntu1
the name of the package is: fusion-icon_0.1.0.orig.tar.gz
It can be compiled like ccsm, with prefix = /user/local

bye

Return to “LMDE Archive”