battery indicator status not showing in mate-power-manager after update

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
robertb

battery indicator status not showing in mate-power-manager after update

Post by robertb »

I recently updated to the 1.14.0-1+betsy version of mate-power-manager and now it just shows a triangle with an exclamation point in it rather than an icon indicator the level of power left in the battery. I attached a photo of the red/orange triangle.

I added a Battery Charge Monitor to my panel and it works fine.

Possibly unrelated, my laptop no longer suspends nor sleeps when the lid is closed. (Through some finagling of some configuration files, I fixed this, but it is not like what it used to be; for example, it goes to sleep when I shut the lid, but it doesn't wake when opening the lid until I press a key on the keyboard.)

I tried downgrading mate-power-manager, but it wanted to downgrade lots and lots of packages and I was reluctant to do that.

Anybody have any ideas?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
robertb

Re: battery indicator status not showing in mate-power-manager after update

Post by robertb »

I also noticed that when I hover over the mate-power-manager (now in the form of a triangle in my status box), it shows a drastically lower charge than what either the Battery Charge Monitor shows or what the "Time to Empty" shows in the "History" in the dialog box for the battery -- about 1/3 of the reported charge. Don't know if this matters or not.
robertb

Re: battery indicator status not showing in mate-power-manager after update

Post by robertb »

Finally, after all these years, upgrading upower to 0.99.4-4+b1 fixed the icon.

Return to “LMDE Archive”