Increasing volume to 200%

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Fred Barclay
Level 12
Level 12

Increasing volume to 200%

Post by Fred Barclay »

G'day mates! I've got a friend who is considering trying out LMDE 2 (either Cinnamon or MATE) but he has a very specific request: he wants to be able to turn the volume up to 200%. I can see on my MATE install that I can get the volume above 100%, though (apparently) not all the way to 200%, and viewtopic.php?f=242&t=223488#p1176973 says that Cinnamon can get the volume to 153%.

Is it possible to get the volume to 200%? If so, how?
I'm thinking (if this is possible) that an additional software package would be needed but I have no idea what to do.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."
- Albert Einstein
whitewolf1608

Re: Increasing volume to 200%

Post by whitewolf1608 »

I warmly welcome :)

I address with a very kindly ask for help.

I consider installing Linux Betsy 2 or LMDE or Linux version of Cinnamon 2.

Until now I had to deal with the Linux Mint version 17.3 and Linux Ubintu 15.4.

Both of these have had Linuxy option in the audio output possibility

increase sound to 200%.

I turn to of you dear to users with effective help that Linux or Betsy 2 Mate whether Cinnamon in version 2 will be more susceptible to modifications.

When writing modifications I mean installing of additional software, steering sound.

Or another option I'm thinking that a little more difficult if you can draw from

Ubuntu or 17.3 mint extract application that controls the sound and

a swapping the current Linux Betsy Mate 2 Or Cinnamon linux version 2?

I am asking for a quick answer.

Sincerely Luke
DeMus

Re: Increasing volume to 200%

Post by DeMus »

Fred Barclay wrote:G'day mates! I've got a friend who is considering trying out LMDE 2 (either Cinnamon or MATE) but he has a very specific request: he wants to be able to turn the volume up to 200%. I can see on my MATE install that I can get the volume above 100%, though (apparently) not all the way to 200%, and viewtopic.php?f=242&t=223488#p1176973 says that Cinnamon can get the volume to 153%.

Is it possible to get the volume to 200%? If so, how?
I'm thinking (if this is possible) that an additional software package would be needed but I have no idea what to do.
Can't he just increase the volume on the external amplifier which is connected to his computer?
One thing is great though: you live down under so even with 200% I don't have to hear it. :lol:

Return to “LMDE Archive”