XApps in LMDE2

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Andy-A

XApps in LMDE2

Post by Andy-A »

I installed the new XApps in LMDE2, they all seem OK apart from Xed.

While I like the find bar that doesn't obscure the text itself, it would be nice if there was way to close it again when you have finished searching (eg by clicking the search button again)? It remains there, with the last search term in the box, even for another document. The only way seems to be to close Xed.

The help (page 'Finding text') says:
'After you have closed the Find dialog...'
'To remove the highlighting from the text, choose Search -> Clear Highlight'
option does not exist (ctrl-shift-K does nothing)?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Fred Barclay
Level 12
Level 12

Re: XApps in LMDE2

Post by Fred Barclay »

G'day Andy! You can close the search bar in xed with the 'Esc" key. :)
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."
- Albert Einstein
Andy-A

Post by Andy-A »

Well, so you can! (it wouldn't have been my obvious choice of a key to try though...). And the highlighting disappears too.

Thanks Fred
Fred Barclay
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Fred Barclay »

No worries! Esc closes the search function in both Atom and Sublime Text, so I had a hint. :)
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."
- Albert Einstein
CeeVee777

Post by CeeVee777 »

I installed Xplayer in LMDE2 just to try it out and I have to admit I'm puzzled as it seems to fall squarely between two stools in trying to be a player for both movies and music.
As a music player it's severely lacking in the playlist control, maybe it's me but I set up playlists based on music categories, ratings and number of times played. None of that seems to be possible with Xplayer and yet with almost any other music player available it's quite simple. There also doesn't seem to be the concept of a 'Music Library' which allows for the storing and displaying of the music in a number of different ways.
As a film player it's OK for individual films, no better than VLC, but lacks all of the library functions that Kodi offers.
As a TV player I couldn't figure out how to play TV streams using it. I currently use VLC for this as it can play freeview HD streams.

Return to “LMDE Archive”