System lock screen temporary freezes after update to cinnamon-screensaver 3.2.12

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
IgnatiusReilly

System lock screen temporary freezes after update to cinnamon-screensaver 3.2.12

Post by IgnatiusReilly »

Hi,

Uff...here we are again...A never-ending story
After the last update of cinnamon-screensaver from 3.2.10 to 3.2.12, the system lock screen temporary freezes: the login window does not appear immediately after having pressed a key on the keyboard but only after some time (randomly pressing keys...)
I hope this will be solved soon.

Any suggestion?
Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Erathiel

Re: System lock screen temporary freezes after update to cinnamon-screensaver 3.2.12

Post by Erathiel »

Same story here after updating from 3.2.9 to 3.2.12. I'm filing an issue at GitHub.
Erathiel

Re: System lock screen temporary freezes after update to cinnamon-screensaver 3.2.12

Post by Erathiel »

Well, I've done some testing, including killing cinnamon-screensaver and running it in debug mode and it seems that after restarting the cinnmon-screensaver process the service seems to be working properly.
Erathiel

Post by Erathiel »

Actually it didn't work properly, it turned out, so I filed a bug report and it seems to be resolved now. See here for more information: https://github.com/linuxmint/cinnamon-s ... issues/190

Return to “LMDE Archive”