Pure Jessie to LMDE MATE

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
garzaj

Pure Jessie to LMDE MATE

Post by garzaj »

I want to tranform an existing Debian into LMDE Mate. I found this interesting post:
viewtopic.php?f=228&t=200168&p=1040970& ... y#p1040970

But there only the packages for Cinnamon are documented by @xenopeek, could someone please give me the packages for Mate?

Cheers!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Pure Jessie to LMDE MATE

Post by xenopeek »

I can confirm that you should not be using that post as-is. Specifically the second point on the linked post is incorrect. You need other APT preferences files. The rest of the steps look pretty much correct.

I don't currently have a LMDE 2 installation (I only have the LiveISOs) so can't help on this right now. Perhaps I can over the weekend install LMDE 2 and figure it out but why don't you do this instead? Just install VirtualBox on your current system and boot the LMDE 2 LiveISO from there and do an installation to a virtual machine. Find the 2 .pref files I mentioned in point 2 of above linked post so you know what their contents should become on your Debian 8 (Jessie) system. Then you can proceed with doing the actions of that post.

I can help you with a command to figure out which packages on LMDE 2 MATE are installed from the Linux Mint repositories so that after adding that repository to your system you can (re)install these manually from the Linux Mint repository to complete your migration.
garzaj

Re: Pure Jessie to LMDE MATE

Post by garzaj »

Thanx a lot! I would appreciate any help you can give me on migrating Debian Jessie into LMDE MATE.
Specially I would like to have a list of all the packages I need to install for LMDE MATE.

Return to “LMDE Archive”