Can't open google after chrome update!

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
pastet89

Can't open google after chrome update!

Post by pastet89 »

After getting message that my chrome is outdated I upgraded it and after that whenever I try to open ANY google assosiated page - google, gmail, google forums, youtube, I'm getting this error:

Code: Select all

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.google.bg (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). NET::ERR_CERT_WEAK_SIGNATURE_ALGORITHM
I've tried resetting the browser, turning off sync - no luck.

I can't even google properly the problem as I don't have google! Can't decide if this is funny or horrible.

I'm using LMDE. Please, help.

Thank you!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Can't open google after chrome update!

Post by karlchen »

<moderator on> Keyword: LMDE => Moved thread from "Main Edition" (Ubuntu based) to "LMDE 2" (Debian based) </moderator off>
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 771 days now.
Lifeline
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Can't open google after chrome update!

Post by karlchen »

Hello, pastet89.

Could this be the issue, a SHA1 certificate, which has been disabled by Google Chrome now?
How to fix this: NET::ERR_CERT_WEAK_SIGNATURE_ALGORITHM
Google search result list: NET::ERR_CERT_WEAK_SIGNATURE_ALGORITHM
Essence from the first link: It might by a Google extension which uses a weak certificate.
So the advice is disabling all extensions. See if the problem is gone. If it is, enable 1 extension at a time till the problem occurs again. The extension which has been re-enabled last, will be the one to blame and disable again.

HTH,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 771 days now.
Lifeline

Return to “LMDE Archive”