Odd problem with Firefox

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Zweitaktmotor
Level 2
Level 2

Odd problem with Firefox

Post by Zweitaktmotor »

I seem to have an odd, quite annoying problem with Firefox:

If I switch beween tabs and move my mouse too quickly, the tab gets attached to the mouse pointer, as if I still had the mouse button pressed. The only way to release it is to press the Esc key.

It then either ends up as a new Firefox window in the task bar or as a tiny shadow image stuck on screen (see screenshot below, note the little Startpage shadow image in the centre).

I guess this could be some sort of mouse setting, but it only happens in Firefox.

Any idea what the problem might be?

Many thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Flemur
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Odd problem with Firefox

Post by Flemur »

Zweitaktmotor wrote:Any idea what the problem might be?
Mouse gestures? There nothing in the "Preferences", but "about:config" -> "gesture" shows some stuff....but it I think it's for tablets and such.

I sometimes, not often, get something close to that effect when I hi-light some text and somehow get a picture of it attached to the mouse pointer (it happened when I quoted your sentence) - but I can detach it with a mouse click, don't need Esc.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?
Zweitaktmotor
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Odd problem with Firefox

Post by Zweitaktmotor »

Ah, I forgot about the "about:config". Many thanks.

There are a lot of options there and I will have to find out what they are doing.

For now, I disabled "gestures.enable_single_finger_input", which seems to describe the problem vaguely. Let's see if this does the trick.

Return to “LMDE Archive”