updating LMDE2 screws up LibreOffice

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
DougB
Level 3
Level 3

updating LMDE2 screws up LibreOffice

Post by DougB »

I've recently fully updated my LMDE2 Cinnamon through Update Manager, including LibreOffice, and now find that reports in LibreOffice Base always have the first page blank (so 1-page reports display a totally blank output). Documents produced in Writer also have the first page blank. What's going on?
The most recent version of LibreOffice from Update manager was 4.3.3.2 but I've now also installed LO 5.4.6.2 - it shows the same fault
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Re: updating LMDE2 screws up LibreOffice

Post by Cosmo. »

I don't use LMDE(2), so I cannot look into it myself. But I wonder, if it is really true, that LMDE2 still provides LO 4.3?

Besides that try this:

Close LO completely, don't forget the quickstarter. Now open the file manager and make hidden files visible (ctrl-h). Go in your home into the folder .config and rename the sub-folder libreoffice to libreoffice.bck. Start LO and check.
killer de bug

Re: updating LMDE2 screws up LibreOffice

Post by killer de bug »

No need to install LMDE to check the version of LO. LMDE is based on Jessie, and as a result it has the same version of LO than Jessie. And it is indeed 4.3. Nothing wrong with this.
https://packages.debian.org/jessie/libreoffice

5.2 is available in the backports in case of needs.

Return to “LMDE Archive”