opera 53 on lmde2

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
hatebreed

opera 53 on lmde2

Post by hatebreed »

I'm trying to install opera 53 on lmde2 and it's saying it can't meet a dependencie call libdbus 1-3 any ideas how to install this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
sleeper12
Level 21
Level 21

Re: opera 53 on lmde2

Post by sleeper12 »

Try installing it from the package manager. You might have to uninstall old version first.
hatebreed

Post by hatebreed »

Package manager has version 12 in it. Way out of date. For now I installed vivaldi which is made by one of the guys who used to work on opera.
sleeper12
Level 21
Level 21

Post by sleeper12 »

hatebreed wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 9:57 pm Package manager has version 12 in it. Way out of date. For now I installed vivaldi which is made by one of the guys who used to work on opera.
I meant install libdbus 1-3 in package manager, not opera 12. Libdbus 1-3 Is already installed in my PM, but that may not be the version Opera 53 uses.
hatebreed

Post by hatebreed »

I'm sorry, I misunderstood you. I have version 1-3 but it needs something newer and I can't remember the version # it said it needed. The only way I've found to install it is from debian testing which really messed things up. I'm going to use vivaldi for now and wait for lmde 3 to use opera in lmde. They are so similar that it really doesn't matter.
sleeper12
Level 21
Level 21

Post by sleeper12 »

You could try the solution proposed here if you care to. I didn't try it myself, so might work, might not. Not sure if you have 32 or 64 bit, but the last stable Opera for 32 bit is 45 I think.
https://www.linuxquestions.org/question ... 175625237/
kukamuumuka

Post by kukamuumuka »

You need to build a fixed package and you must update Opera by hand.
https://puolanka.info/goto/opera-51-ins ... d-systems/
rsqm

Post by rsqm »

Thanks for the heads up on the Opera 53 availability for LMDE. started installation and now it says dependencies are resolved. funny thing is i had started using Firefox on this machine because of that issue, had installed an ad blocker*ublocker origin" working nicely. So now I am torn between the two browsers. will just use both.

Return to “LMDE Archive”