Has anyone tried calibre from backports (2.75.1+dfsg-1~bpo8+1)?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
c30zD

Has anyone tried calibre from backports (2.75.1+dfsg-1~bpo8+1)?

Post by c30zD »

I'm seriously considering upgrading my calibre to the newer version in jessie-backports, but I wanted to know if anyone has had any issues with it or if there's anything that I should be aware of.

My current version is 2.5.0+dfsg-1
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kevinthefixer
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Has anyone tried calibre from backports (2.75.1+dfsg-1~bpo8+1)?

Post by kevinthefixer »

Currently running 2.75.1 on a Debian Stretch installation, seems to work fine. What is wrong with the 2.50 version you have now? Somebody up the street has something shinier?
c30zD

Re: Has anyone tried calibre from backports (2.75.1+dfsg-1~bpo8+1)?

Post by c30zD »

Thanks for the reply, kevinthefixer. Just a little thing: it's not 2.50, but 2.5, much older.

I'd say the biggest problem I've faced so far has been with the covers, as I can't download them. There's a plugin I want to try to generate them, but it always fails and one suggestion I found in the (calibre) forums is to upgrade calibre. There are also some other issues with covers, like when I mark an image to be the cover or create the cover page in the ebook editor, because it seems to work, but if I close the editor and reopen it, then the cover is modified to the default (a snapshot of the first page before editing it), thus destroying the original picture.

I've faced some other issues with downloading metadata or downloading books from within calibre, which no longer works, but this isn't that annoying.

Have you tried editing books, or adding a cover without downloading it? Does it work?

Return to “LMDE Archive”