[Solved] No suspend after Cinnamon update

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
mramish

[Solved] No suspend after Cinnamon update

Post by mramish »

After yesterdays update to cinnamon 2.6 the options to suspend the system are no longer available. Closing the lid also doesnt have any effect. System is a Lenovo T510 with Nvidia Graphics (prop. driver).
Any ideas ?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
killer de bug

Re: No suspend after Cinnamon update

Post by killer de bug »

Here is the solution:
You no longer need to recompile Cinnamon to choose between consolekit and logind support. This is done in gsettings and you can decide which relevant Cinnamon components use which session/power-management backend:

Set org.cinnamon.desktop.session session-manager-uses-logind to true to make Cinnamon rely on logind to restart/shutdown/suspend/hibernate the computer from the shutdown dialog, or to false to restart/shutdown the computer via consolekit and suspend/hibernate via upower.
Set org.cinnamon.desktop.session settings-daemon-uses-logind in a similar fashion to control suspending/hibernating on idle or via multimedia keys.
Set org.cinnamon.desktop.session screensaver-uses-logind to true to make the screensaver listen to logind, or to false to make it listen to consolekit.
http://segfault.linuxmint.com/2015/06/cinnamon-2-6/

Said otherwise, here is the solution:

Code: Select all

gsettings set org.cinnamon.desktop.session settings-daemon-uses-logind true

gsettings set org.cinnamon.desktop.session session-manager-uses-logind true

gsettings set org.cinnamon.desktop.session screensaver-uses-logind false
And reboot
BeaverPaw

Post by BeaverPaw »

I actually found that I had to set "org.cinnamon.desktop.session screensaver-uses-logind" to TRUE to properly suspend on laptop lid close and from the power button pop-up menu.
killer de bug

Post by killer de bug »

You have MDM and systemd?
mramish

Post by mramish »

Sorry for the late reply but the suggestion above was right. Problem solved. Thx
mideal
Level 3
Level 3

Re: [Solved] No suspend after Cinnamon update

Post by mideal »

The setting

gsettings set org.cinnamon.desktop.session screensaver-uses-logind false
is the one that even makes Linux Mint (18.1) Cinnamon (3.2.7) show the hibernation option again after wake-up. (The other two were already set to true here.)

Thanks!
Yoga 910 16GB/2TB running Mint 20.3 Cinnamon 64Bit

Return to “LMDE Archive”