Youtube fullscreen strange issue

Questions about hardware and drivers
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

LMDE 2 support ends on 1-1-2019
Post Reply
FrozenYogurt
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:48 am

Youtube fullscreen strange issue

Post by FrozenYogurt » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:25 am

When I watch a youtube video everything is fine, until I make the video fullscreen. It actually continues to play perfectly when fullscreen, but when I then exit fullscreen my sidebar and topbar are gone, and the screen is just frozen. Also my cursor is gone. It does seem to respond to ALT-F4, but it takes about 15 seconds to even close the window, and after that everything is unusable (basically frozen). What's strange though, when I re-enter fullscreen after exiting (and unity being frozen) the video plays perfectly still.

I use an Integrated Intel 945 Graphic Media Accelerator

I've already tried the following :
different kernel (Liquorix kernel) - issue still persists
different browsers - issue still persists
different Google chrome versions (latest , beta 41) - issue still persists
turned compiz effects off - issue still persists

Is this freezing a common problem, if not, how can I make steps to fix this?

FrozenYogurt
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:48 am

Re: Youtube fullscreen strange issue

Post by FrozenYogurt » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:09 am

I think I've found the "solution" to the fullscreen problem , by disabling the "unredirect fullscreen windows" option in the compiz manager .voila! Fullscreen works perfectly

happy days
:D

Zetor895
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 8:13 am

Re: Youtube fullscreen strange issue

Post by Zetor895 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:09 pm

FrozenYogurt wrote:When I watch a youtube video everything is fine, until I make the video fullscreen. It actually continues to play perfectly when fullscreen, but when I then exit fullscreen my sidebar and topbar are gone, and the screen is just frozen. Also my cursor is gone. It does seem to respond to ALT-F4, but it takes about 15 seconds to even close the window, and after that everything is unusable (basically frozen). What's strange though, when I re-enter fullscreen after exiting (and unity being frozen) the video plays perfectly still.

I use an Integrated Intel 945 Graphic Media Accelerator

I've already tried the following :
different kernel (Liquorix kernel) - issue still persists
different browsers - issue still persists
different Google chrome versions (latest , beta 41) - issue still persists
turned compiz effects off - issue still persists

Is this freezing a common problem, if not, how can I make steps to fix this?
Hi, I have the same problem but with Radeon card. I have no compiz, so your solution can not fit for me. Do you have maybe any other idea where could I set this option?
Thank you,
Z.
Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon 64. AMD Phenom II X6, MSI Radeon HD7750 2 GB, Asus MB., 4GB RAM.

Zetor895
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 8:13 am

Re: Youtube fullscreen strange issue

Post by Zetor895 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:58 pm

FrozenYogurt wrote:I think I've found the "solution" to the fullscreen problem , by disabling the "unredirect fullscreen windows" option in the compiz manager .voila! Fullscreen works perfectly

happy days
:D
Does anybody have an idea what to do without compiz to solve this problem?

Thanks!
Z.
Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon 64. AMD Phenom II X6, MSI Radeon HD7750 2 GB, Asus MB., 4GB RAM.

FrozenYogurt
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:48 am

Re: Youtube fullscreen strange issue

Post by FrozenYogurt » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:14 am

I'd suggest you to try the following :

Using the following terminal command:

sudo mkdir /etc/adobe && echo "OverrideGPUValidation=true"|sudo tee /etc/adobe/mms.cfg

Zetor895
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 8:13 am

Re: Youtube fullscreen strange issue

Post by Zetor895 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:14 pm

FrozenYogurt wrote:I'd suggest you to try the following :

Using the following terminal command:

sudo mkdir /etc/adobe && echo "OverrideGPUValidation=true"|sudo tee /etc/adobe/mms.cfg
Thank you, but although the file has been created with the text above, it does not work.
Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon 64. AMD Phenom II X6, MSI Radeon HD7750 2 GB, Asus MB., 4GB RAM.

Zetor895
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 8:13 am

Re: Youtube fullscreen strange issue

Post by Zetor895 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:04 am

So nobody has problem with fullscreen youtube videos? I tried them with Chromium and Firefox as well and it seems it is not related to VGA card either.
And it is written above that 'compiz manager' could be a solution. Where can I find that?

Thanks,
Z.
Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon 64. AMD Phenom II X6, MSI Radeon HD7750 2 GB, Asus MB., 4GB RAM.

Post Reply

Return to “Hardware Support”