No graphics acceleration on LMDE 2

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Vaden1970

No graphics acceleration on LMDE 2

Post by Vaden1970 »

Hello,

I just arrived on the forum because I tried to install LMDE 2 but I encounter difficulties

The trouble is that, since the installation by usb key, I have no graphics animations ...

It was like I was on LMDE 2 MATE while I'm on Cinnamon ...

I told myself that it was because I was doing a USB key installation and that after installation it will go but it does not matter ...

I do not know the error message I had at the top right but it was something like "The mode of rendering is in mode of emergency without graphic acceleration, that can be due to a pilot"

Yet my config is very recent as the PC

Processor: Intel® Core ™ i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz × 4

Graphic Chipset: Intel® HD Graphics 620 (Kaby Lake GT2)

RAM: 4 GB

If anyone has a solution
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Re: No graphics acceleration on LMDE 2

Post by smurphos »

I believe LMDE 2 ships with a 3.16 series kernel.

Your relatively new hardware requires kernel 4.10 or later.

LMDE 3 is imminent (Beta ISO's currently in testing) - I think (may be wrong) that will ship with kernel 4.9 - so still no good for your hardware.

Mint 19 (kernel 4.15) or 18.3 (kernel 4.10, upgradable to 4.15) should work out of the box.
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.
kevinthefixer
Level 4
Level 4

Re: No graphics acceleration on LMDE 2

Post by kevinthefixer »

Yes, Debian Stable is currently running 4.9.0.7. This can be worked around, but it's not a plug-n-play type thing.

Return to “LMDE Archive”