Cannot Setup Wired Internet Connection in LMDE 2

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
rajatkumarzala

Cannot Setup Wired Internet Connection in LMDE 2

Post by rajatkumarzala »

Hello everyone,
I am a newbie in the world of Linux. I have installed LMDE 2 along with Windows 7 in dual boot mode. All is going well but, I cannot connect to internet in LMDE 2.
While in Windows 7, I can setup and connect it very easily.
I have tried almost all the forums post including Ubuntu Forums and other Linux forums. But, Unfortunately cannot get into it. Now I am explaining the situation based on OS.
The internet connection is wired type. My ISP gave me a wire at my home. I have to clone my MAC address with my ISP. Also there is a username and password to login in it.There is no any physical device for internet at my home. Just have a wire only.

Situation In Windows 7:

In win 7,

I can just create a broadband connection over PPPoE. First of all in network section, LAN is running. Cannot connect directly through LAN. I have to make it shareable. After that, I have to create a connection using wizard. Connection is the type of PPPoE. Whenever I does the process to create connection I have to give username and password. Also It shows DSL and wired connection. I have connected a cable in Ethernet Port.

Situation In LMDE 2

I have tried all the post in forums. Tried to setup wired connection. DSL ,PPPoE etc..
I am really in bad condition. Want a solution.
I can easily operate terminal.

Is any requirement of info about my connection and PC ? Just comment me, I will give details.

Thank You
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
seeley

Re: Cannot Setup Wired Internet Connection in LMDE 2

Post by seeley »

Please read my help (-> signature),
PAGE 2: 23 Gathering Network Data.
Maybe you' ll find a hint.

Return to “LMDE Archive”