Proper install of driver

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Rufusthedog

Proper install of driver

Post by Rufusthedog »

Hello,

I installed the Debian edition on a USB thumb drive but it is not recognizing my wifi. Since it doesn't even appear on the list of networks (I only get the wired option) I assume that this is a driver problem. So I ran inix -nz and it says that I have a Broadcom BCM 4322. My issue is that I cannot simply run apt-get because I have no wired LAN connection--I'm wifi only.

https://packages.debian.org/jessie/firm ... -installer

Is the correct firmware update. (I'm assuming jessie and not wheezy).

Can some walk we through the steps I need to do? For example, are all the dependencies already on Mint or do those have to be downloaded too?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pioruns
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Proper install of driver

Post by pioruns »

Determine what architecture you have, i386 or AMD64. Download appropriate .deb files for packages:

Code: Select all

b43-fwcutter
firmware-b43-installer
Once you got them, install them with command:

Code: Select all

sudo dpkg -i firmware-b43-installer_019-2_all.deb b43-fwcutter_019-2_amd64.deb
Make sure you put correct filename for b43-fwcutter in the line above, it will be different if you have i386 architecture.
If you encounter any problems, please paste your terminal output here or upload a photo.
Desktop: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (16) @ 3.8GHz | 64GB ECC DDR4 RAM @ 3600 MT/s | PowerColor Radeon 6800 XT
Crucial P2 500GB PCIe M.2 2280 SSD NVMe | 2x Crucial MX500 1TB 3D NAND SATA @ RAID1 | OS: Debian GNU/Linux bookworm/sid x86_64

Return to “LMDE Archive”