Internet connection issue (my browser/other apps are working, but repos doesn't update with no internet message)

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
massalim

Internet connection issue (my browser/other apps are working, but repos doesn't update with no internet message)

Post by massalim »

Hi guys,

After I moved to a new apartment with a new router/internet provider I've encountered internet connection issue.

My browser and other apps have internet connection, but I'm keep getting No Internet message for repos update or when try install something from software center.

System info:
LMDE Cinnamon 64 bit
Cinnamon version: 2.0.14
Linux kernel 3.11-2-amd64

Could you please, clarify how can I fix this?

Thank you in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Fred Barclay
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Internet connection issue (my browser/other apps are working, but repos doesn't update with no internet message)

Post by Fred Barclay »

I think you're still using the old version of LMDE, which has been obsolete since 1st January 2016: http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2832. The repos are most likely no longer available. ;)

For security and stability reasons, please upgrade to LMDE 2 as soon as possible.
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."
- Albert Einstein
massalim

Re: Internet connection issue (my browser/other apps are working, but repos doesn't update with no internet message)

Post by massalim »

Fred Barclay wrote:I think you're still using the old version of LMDE, which has been obsolete since 1st January 2016: http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2832. The repos are most likely no longer available. ;)

For security and stability reasons, please upgrade to LMDE 2 as soon as possible.
Thanks for reply!

I'll get the update then :)

Return to “LMDE Archive”