when lmde 2 (betsy) will be available?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Distro-Don

Re: when lmde 2 (betsy) will be available?

Post by Distro-Don »

On the older version of MATE, when the panel is enlarged to 36 pixels high, the working files are doubled up so that there are 2 in each column. In this new one I have to enlarge the pixels to 54 to get the same effect. I would like to get back to the 36 pixel enlargement. Anyone Know how I can do it?
Distro-Don

Post by Distro-Don »

On this version of LMDE 2 MATE, when a window is pushed up to the top of the screen, the screen turns green and the window enlarges to full screen. Anyone know how to stop this from happening? I don't see any benefit for it doing it this way.
wayne128

Post by wayne128 »

Distro-Don,

I just download and install on a partition for testing.
Yes I saw what you meant , move windows to top , it changes to green and become full screen. I do not like that too.

What I did was to do full update, upon reboot, this behaviors stops.
that is, move the windows up to top, it just stays at the place I move to.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Hi everyone,

If you experience issues with the installer, please run it from command line "sudo live-installer" and paste the output for us to see the error messages.

To disable window tiling (the green effect and window positioning when you drag a window near the edges), go to Menu->Preferences->Windows, click on the Placement tab, and untick "Enable side by side tiling".
cb474

Post by cb474 »

killer de bug wrote:
cb474 wrote: That's great to hear. So is there an upgrade path from current LMDE installs? Or will we have to completely reinstall our systems?
Upgrade path will be worked on as soon as iso will be released. You will not need to reinstall but the upgrade may not be simple :)
Thanks. I wonder if a fresh install will turn out to be better anyway, although I'd rather just upgrade.
killer de bug

Post by killer de bug »

Distro-Don wrote: I had the same problem. I had to erase and format the sector that I wanted to put / on which was sda3. Then it installed perfectly. This might be a bug.
I may be wrong, but I think / has to be ext4.
Maybe you were using ext3.

But again I may be wrong. Please check :)
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Closing this thread as LMDE 2 RC is now released ;)

Return to “LMDE Archive”