Can't Right Click and No Icons on Desktop after Update

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Gameranand

Can't Right Click and No Icons on Desktop after Update

Post by Gameranand »

After the update to Cinnamon 3.2 when I restarted the system. I can't see any icons on Desktop, I can't even right click. Also some system tray Icons aren't shown like Telegram Application which I use all the time.

Can I revert back ? Or how do I solve it ?

Just found out another problem that my tidle key (~) is getting typed on terminal on its own. I know that its not a Keyboard problem because I can type here just fine. It started after the update. Because of that I can't use mouse gestures like 2 finger tap for double click, 2 finger scrolling and all those things. I have click on designated places on the trackpad.

Please help. I am literally pulling my hairs out after this nonsense update. :|
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Wini

Re: Can't Right Click and No Icons on Desktop after Update

Post by Wini »

I have the same problem here with LMDE 2. I'm using a two screen solution, the problem only occurs on the main screen. I can restore the desktop on the main screen from the content in the Desktop directory, but after each reboot the main screen is empty again.

Also the trash icon on the desktop is not shown. I need to disable and enable it in the desktop settings to be visible again.
Right clicking on the empty desktop is working for me, but it is not really helpful...

is there a secure way to go back to Cinnamon version 3.0 ? Thank you very much for any support.
Gameranand

Post by Gameranand »

I suppose you can uninstall and then reinstall the previous version of Cinnamon.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

This is not about the main edition, because Cinnamon 3.2 is not available for that edition, so it must be about LMDE; for that reason, I'm moving this topic.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Return to “LMDE Archive”