LMDE (x) vs Cinnamon? [SOLVED]

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
wallyUSA
Level 6
Level 6

LMDE (x) vs Cinnamon? [SOLVED]

Post by wallyUSA »

I am still a n00b so please explain:
I see many refs on the forum about LMDE. I assume this is different than the generic Cinnamon I have installed? If so, how do they two compare? I am a home user just learning about Linux and using Cinnamon. I use LibreOffice and web mail. Some photo editing. Later I would like to learn how to use VPN.
Thanks for some simple tips for a 'gui' oriented person!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
> If your query has been resolved, edit your original post and add <SOLVED> to the beginning of the subject line. This may help others find solutions. <

Dell Latitude 7490 Mint 21.3 Ker 5.15.0-101 Cinn 6.0.4
MintBean

Re: LMDE (x) vs Cinnamon?

Post by MintBean »

Cinnamon is one of the desktops that is available with Linux Mint, which is based on Ubuntu.
LMDE is another version of Mint which also has the Cinnamon desktop but is based on Debian Linux.

LMDE is a bit snappier but a somewhat harder to use. I would stick with what you have.
wallyUSA
Level 6
Level 6

Re: LMDE (x) vs Cinnamon?

Post by wallyUSA »

MintBean wrote:Cinnamon is one of the desktops that is available with Linux Mint, which is based on Ubuntu.
LMDE is another version of Mint which also has the Cinnamon desktop but is based on Debian Linux.

LMDE is a bit snappier but a somewhat harder to use. I would stick with what you have.
@MintBean: TY
> If your query has been resolved, edit your original post and add <SOLVED> to the beginning of the subject line. This may help others find solutions. <

Dell Latitude 7490 Mint 21.3 Ker 5.15.0-101 Cinn 6.0.4
MintBean

Re: LMDE (x) vs Cinnamon? [SOLVED]

Post by MintBean »

Welcome!

Return to “LMDE Archive”