LMDE 3 LXQt blend?

Questions about other topics and general discussion about LMDE
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hd_scania

LMDE 3 LXQt blend?

Post by hd_scania »

The current LMDE 2 has only the MATE blend with the default Cinnamon, there is lacked of the Qt blends, and outside Cinnamon I am also an LXQt lover, and then the MOST LXQt newcomers are Gtk+ refugees, which KDE also integrates Qt alongside Gtk+, so will LMDE 3 begin the LXQt spins, with the fresh stabilized Buster codebase, which I am unsure when will LMDE 3 be out? :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: LMDE 3 LXQt blend?

Post by catweazel »

"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
hd_scania

Re: LMDE 3 LXQt blend?

Post by hd_scania »

I stand my ‘‘fresh stabilized Buster’’ for the future Buster stabilization in early 2019, but this does NOT need to be related to LXQt.
You may now add the LXQt blend under our Stretch repobase, for our upcoming LMDE 3 as branded-new.
hd_scania

Mint alpha (testing) / LMDE 3 Qt blends?

Post by hd_scania »

I have these days found the few Qt desktops discouraging Gtk+, first of all LXQt (in my all current non-Mint distro), the rest are, Budgie (switching to LXQt since their version 11 instead of GNOME) by Solus (an independent Linux), Hawaii by Liri (an Arch derivative), Lumina by TrueOS (an BSD system), but KDE honestly encourages Qt integrations alongside Gtk+ since its Plasma 4.
So will Linux Mint teams include few Qt blends like LXQt/Budgie, Hawaii, Lumina into your LMDE 3, and later Mint alpha (testing) distro? :)
Fred Barclay
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Mint alpha (testing) / LMDE 3 Qt blends?

Post by Fred Barclay »

So will Linux Mint teams include few Qt blends like LXQt/Budgie, Hawaii, Lumina into your LMDE 3...
I suspect the answer is no. LMDE receives less attention than normal Mint by the Mint devs, and Clem has indicated that he will not consider including more than Cinnamon and MATE in LMDE 3.
Mint alpha (testing) distro
There is not, and likely never will be, a Mint alpha or testing distro. ;) It's simply too much work for the team and stretches their good efforts to improving Mint too thin. To quote Clem's reply to a user on the Linux Mint blog (the September 2017 edition):
Hi Peter, Debian Testing wouldn’t work for us. It’s a continuous flow of updates and that constantly breaks anything based on it. To give you an example we’d have to rebuild Cinnamon very often for it to work there and we would always be on the back foot.. reacting to breakages and conflicts after they happen. LMDE was based on Testing for a while in the past and it wasn’t viable.
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."
- Albert Einstein

Return to “Other Topics & Open Discussion”