A when I release the new Mint Debian???

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
xzj8b3

A when I release the new Mint Debian???

Post by xzj8b3 »

Will Debian be updated or will receive only updates with the release of the new Mint???

Maybe Cinnamon also text on Debian!!!!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: A when I release the new Mint Debian???

Post by xenopeek »

LMDE 3 will use Debian Stretch instead of Jessie as a package base. There is no planning for it yet. Once there is more to say about it you'll surely see that on http://blog.linuxmint.com/.
xzj8b3

Post by xzj8b3 »

So I can safely use the one present on the site that for the new it will take very true???
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Yes, you can safely use LMDE 2. It is based on Debian Jessie. It receives security updates till end of May 2018 from the Debian Security Team and from June 2018 till end of May 2020 from the Debian Long-Term Support (LTS) team.
xzj8b3

Post by xzj8b3 »

But what kernel do you use??

will also be included in the Debian Defaulth service of error and Timeshift reports??? :?:
Fred Barclay
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Fred Barclay »

xzj8b3 wrote:But what kernel do you use??
LMDE 2 comes with the 3.16 kernel, which is still being supported in Debian. It works quite well, but if you need a newer kernel you can add the Debian backports and install the kernel from there (currently, I believe the backported kernel is version 4.9).
will also be included in the Debian Defaulth service of error and Timeshift reports??? :?:
I don't know about that. :)

Cheers!
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."
- Albert Einstein

Return to “LMDE Archive”