Install applets error - SSL Certificate Verify Failed

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around LMDE as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums within the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dmitry888

Install applets error - SSL Certificate Verify Failed

Post by dmitry888 »

Hi all,

have error on download & install new applets from cinnamon menu Aplets, check picture..

please tell me about what i may it resolve ?

update: i have this error after install distro with update & upgrade, my version of python2 is 2.7.13, python3 is 3.5.3, maybe i need to downgrade Python 2 version?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
wishx

Re: Install applets error - SSL Certificate Verify Failed

Post by wishx »

I have the same issue with applets and themes when trying to update. it won't update the cache and leaves them blank.

Cinn ver: 3.8.9
Kernel: 4.19.5-041905-generic
wishx

Post by wishx »

I have updated to the latest Mint and still have this problem.

Cinn ver: 4. 0. 8.
Kernel: 4.19.10-041910-generic

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
wishx

Post by wishx »

For those experiencing the same issue (perhaps in other locales or using other languages than English), please see THIS THREAD.

Return to “Beginner Questions”