Mouse and text cursors out of synch

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around LMDE as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums within the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
yvanlm
Level 1
Level 1

Mouse and text cursors out of synch

Post by yvanlm »

Hello,
is there a way to synch both cursors under LMDE 4? My problem is that the moment I start typing my mouse cursor does not follow the text one. It's not an issue in itself but every time the text editor saves the work in progress the text cursor is reinserted wherever the mouse cursor happens to be at the time. This behaviour makes typing an email in Thunderbird or a Text Document in Libre Office tricky at best and often frustrating. My Synaptic touchpad is supposed to be disabled while I type but I do wonder if this feature even works. At times several paragraphs of text disappear until I perform undo commands under the edit menu to retrieve them. I figured that if I could make the mouse cursor synch position with the text cursor on screen, it might solve my problem.

Any suggestions? Thank you.

P.S.: I generally consider the Synaptic touchpad of my Dell XPS laptop not very well behaved under LMDE 4. For example, there is no gesture in the driver enabling ''tap and drag'' to select and move an object in a single motion, but it often happens on its own (though not always) when I move the cursor from one point to another, causing a folder to be dragged into another, and other such mishaps. At other times just moving the cursor on a blank area of the screen draws a rectangle -- just as if I were holding the left button of the mouse (or the touchpad) and moving the cursor to select an object, a part of a picture, etc. Because this is not a feature of the driver there's also no way to turn it off.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Beginner Questions”