Remote Access

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around LMDE as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums within the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
CyberTheWorm

Remote Access

Post by CyberTheWorm »

Not sure if this is the correct place. Getting really sick of Windows and looking to move to Linux. Installed LMDE Cindy OK on an old laptop and it's working fine. I would like to be able to remotely access my linux from Windows 10 but do not see the desktop sharing anywhere. What are some solutions for this? Thanks in advanced.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Neil Edmond
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Remote Access

Post by Neil Edmond »

I have found AnyDesk to be the easiest and fastest solution for desktop sharing. Other good alternatives are Teamviewer, NoMachine, VNC etc.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

just use AnyDesk or Teamviewer . .
- as this is on a Linux System, you will have to install that software,
as the Run version, is only available on the Windows System.
:(
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Post by lsemmens »

It may be a terminology issue here.

Are you looking to remotely control your Linux computer?

OR

Are you looking at accessing the data on the Linux machine?

Remote control has been addressed above, Data access is a right royal pain with Windows. Theoretically SAMBA shares should work, but I found that Windows would forget to share folders with Linux, and then it would forget that it could access Linux. It would work for a time, and then suddenly stop. I gave up in the end and now all of my machines are Linux only. Now the only time I have issues is when I forget to mount a drive before trying to access it across the network.
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message

Return to “Beginner Questions”