Failed files

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around LMDE as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums within the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
yoshiki2

Failed files

Post by yoshiki2 »

Hello,
I keep getting some failed messages, after i try to update the software.. any ideas?
Attachments
Screenshot from 2019-06-06 12-02-35.png
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Failed files

Post by karlchen »

Hello, yoshiki2.

What happens in your screenshot is not updating your software, but it is only updating the list of available software. This is a relevant difference.
Does this step, updating the list of available software, finish without displaying any error message at the end?
Provided it finishes without displaying an error message that not all indexes could be downloaded and old ones would be used instead, then the "failed" items can be ignored.

To crosscheck whether there is a problem, which needs fixing, please, close Update Manager and open a terminal window.
Execute the commandline apt update and post the complete screen output which it will display.
The summary at the end will tell, error or no error.

Best regards,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 792 days now.
Lifeline
yoshiki2

Post by yoshiki2 »

I get this
Attachments
Screenshot from 2019-06-08 18-16-22.png
Screenshot from 2019-06-08 18-16-22.png (23.69 KiB) Viewed 2254 times
Screenshot from 2019-06-08 18-19-16.jpg
gm10

Post by gm10 »

Go to Software Sources and choose a different mirror, because yours is down.
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Post by lsemmens »

In the Update manager click on <Edit><Software Sources> enter your password and select another source. Yours is down.
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
yoshiki2

Post by yoshiki2 »

Got it. Thanks

Return to “Beginner Questions”