gnome-terminal on Linux Mint Debian Ed. how to reopen windows after reboot?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
lassehp
Level 1
Level 1

gnome-terminal on Linux Mint Debian Ed. how to reopen windows after reboot?

Post by lassehp »

Hi, I am a complete Linux Mint Debian Edition newbie (have used Xubuntu for almost a decade until a fortnight ago, and NetBSD before that.)

On Xubuntu with XFCE4, after a reboot, the terminal application would reopen all windows that were open before, in the right working directories.
How do I get this with gnome-terminal on LMDE? (I found some posts with Google stating something about session management being removed from the Startup Applications settings, and "Option “--save-config” is no longer supported in this version of gnome-terminal (3.28.2) – ChrisW" in a comment on StackExchange.)

I would prefer to continue to use Cinnamon instead of XFCE4, but if I must switch desktop, I will, as I depend quite heavily on this functionality. Would it be possible to use just the XFCE4 Terminal app with cinnamon instead and have it work that way?

/Lasse
Last edited by karlchen on Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Linux Mint Debian Edition: moved thread to LMDE sub-forum

Return to “Newbie Questions”