LMDE 4 Cinnamon 4.6.6

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
fiblend
Level 1
Level 1

LMDE 4 Cinnamon 4.6.6

Post by fiblend »

Since I started using Cinnamon 4.6.6, neither CopyQ or Birdtray apps will display any ICON in the System Tray. The prior version of Cinnamon worked just fine. As a further note, the MEGAsync Icon still displays as it did under the older Cinnamon version. Just a reminder, I use LMDE 4 OS.
antikythera
Level 9
Level 9

Re: LMDE 4 Cinnamon 4.6.6

Post by antikythera »

try Mint-X icon theme and see if that helps. Also check Qt5 Settings to set the icon theme for those applications (it affects what is shown on the panel too), you could install either Breeze or Oxygen icon themes and use either of them for the Qt applications.
Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway!
AMSTRAD CPC6128 - 128KB RAM, 3" Hitachi Floppy Diskette Drive, External Sony Cassette Recorder, Locomotive BASIC 1.1, CTM-644 Monitor
YinFu
Level 1
Level 1

apps not showing in systray

Post by YinFu »

I have the same problem. . On boot to desktop Copyq icon shows in systray for only 1 second then disappears. I cannot get it to open without cmdline. This is new behavior and i don't recall changing any settings or new downloads. Qbittorrent does the same thing. LMDE4 and cinnamon. The above suggestions appear to not work. Any suggestions?
smurphos
Level 17
Level 17

Post by smurphos »

Add a startup delay of 20 seconds or so to their entries in Startup Applications.
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.
YinFu
Level 1
Level 1

Post by YinFu »

Thanks for the suggestion but this did nothing. i notice that teamviewer is doing the same thing. It seems that any non-applet will not open in the system tray now. As i mentioned previously this is a new problem. i am not sure when cinnamon was last updated but i still think it is a cinnamon problem.
smurphos
Level 17
Level 17

Post by smurphos »

Hi,

Yep handling of tray icons changed a little between 4.4 and 4.6 and there's a pending bug fix to 4.6 that's not been released yet which may be a factor. You can apply the fix manually (see the second linked issue)

But lets double-check you've got all the infrastructure in place. Please report the output of these commands run in a terminal

Code: Select all

dconf read /org/cinnamon/enabled-applets

Code: Select all

cat ~/.config/autostart/xapp-sn-watcher.desktop
The bug reports -
https://github.com/linuxmint/cinnamon/issues/9436
https://github.com/linuxmint/xapps/issues/98
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.
YinFu
Level 1
Level 1

Post by YinFu »

>dconf read /org/cinnamon/enabled-applets
['panel1:left:0:menu@cinnamon.org:1', 'panel1:left:1:show-desktop@cinnamon.org:2', 'panel1:left:2:panel-launchers@cinnamon.org:3', 'panel1:left:3:window-list@cinnamon.org:4', 'panel1:right:9:notifications@cinnamon.org:6', 'panel1:right:15:user@cinnamon.org:8', 'panel1:right:16:network@cinnamon.org:9', 'panel1:right:18:calendar@cinnamon.org:12', 'panel1:right:14:sound@cinnamon.org:13', 'panel1:right:8:sessionManager@scollins:14', 'panel1:right:19:separator@cinnamon.org:16', 'panel1:right:10:xapp-status@cinnamon.org:19', 'panel1:right:17:printers@cinnamon.org:20', 'panel1:right:7:workspace-switcher@cinnamon.org:21', 'panel1:right:3:systray@cinnamon.org:25', 'panel1:right:1:vpnLookOut@claudiux:27']<

>cat ~/.config/autostart/xapp-sn-watcher.desktop
cat: /home/jezebel/.config/autostart/xapp-sn-watcher.desktop: No such file or directory<

Looks like missing [~/.config/autostart/xapp-sn-watcher.desktop] file in "cat". Solution in #2 post did not help. Guess I'll wait for a bugfix. Thanks for the info and help.
YinFu
Level 1
Level 1

Post by YinFu »

Made a workaround for this problem with copyq. I placed a launcher on the desktop with the command "copyq show". Not the solution I was hoping for but functional.
argentwolf
Level 1
Level 1

Post by argentwolf »

Earlier today an update to Cinnamon 4.6.7
LMDE 4
YinFu
Level 1
Level 1

Post by YinFu »