lmde-4-cinnamon-64bit installed but game says otherwise

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
visual_soma
Level 1
Level 1

lmde-4-cinnamon-64bit installed but game says otherwise

Post by visual_soma »

Hello, first time linux , first time mint.

I installed lmde-4-cinnamon-64bit system onto my new PC yesterday and its been working great. I wanted to download call of duty: warzone, but it tells me that you need a 64-bit system to do so. I am certain that I booted this system.

any ideas as to why the game cant recognise this/

thanks in advance
hydrurga
Level 5
Level 5

Re: lmde-4-cinnamon-64bit installed but game says otherwise

Post by hydrurga »

The Call of Duty: Warzone web site doesn't mention it being able to run in Linux. Are you trying to run it under Wine?
visual_soma
Level 1
Level 1

Post by visual_soma »

yeah i got wine and then PlayOnLinux which is apparently the "front end of wine" and it was able to run the exe file and open blizzard but when I go to Warzone and click " play for free " thats when the operating system requirement pops up
Kadaitcha Man
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Kadaitcha Man »

visual_soma wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:35 am
yeah i got wine and then PlayOnLinux which is apparently the "front end of wine" and it was able to run the exe file and open blizzard but when I go to Warzone and click " play for free " thats when the operating system requirement pops up
Well, of course it does. Your wine is 32bit. You need a 64bit wine but it's full of major bugs.
Coming to a thread near you: Lots of bragging about my AMD 5950X. Currently delayed due to high demand.
It's pronounced kad-eye-cha, not kada-itcha.
hydrurga
Level 5
Level 5

Post by hydrurga »

Even if you do install 64-bit WINE, the consensus appears to be that Call of Duty: Warzone is not yet playable on it.

https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. ... &iId=38777
visual_soma
Level 1
Level 1

Post by visual_soma »

ahh okay thanks! i'll try to get the 64bit wine and maybe it'll work, if not...unlucky me

Return to “Newbie Questions”