LMDE4 clean install. 178gb of logs after a week or so?? Is that right?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
TheMage
Level 1
Level 1

LMDE4 clean install. 178gb of logs after a week or so?? Is that right?

Post by TheMage »

Hello, I hope you can help.

The size of my log files are insane, and I do not know why. I have looked inside them, and they appear to be UFW related. I did set the output of UFW to verbose, but I did not think that it meant this verbose.

I have had the UFW setting on verbose on Linux Mint 19.3, and 20.04, and not had this issue, so I am puzzled.

A screenshot.
http://imgur.com/cKFocMc

Can I safely delete the highlighted files?

Thank you.
antikythera
Level 9
Level 9

Re: LMDE4 clean install. 178gb of logs after a week or so?? Is that right?

Post by antikythera »

Definitely not normal. Something is majorly wrong with your system and simply deleting the logs won't resolve the issue causing them to be that big. Use the log viewer called Logs from the application launcher menu and look at the errors it contains, especially for the kernel.
Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway!
AMSTRAD CPC6128 - 128KB RAM, 3" Hitachi Floppy Diskette Drive, External Sony Cassette Recorder, Locomotive BASIC 1.1, CTM-644 Monitor

Return to “Newbie Questions”