Second GPU became primary GPU [SOLVED]

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around LMDE as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums within the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Decoy[txt]

Second GPU became primary GPU [SOLVED]

Post by Decoy[txt] »

Installed an Rx560 into my system that already had a Vega 56 in it to become a GPU for GPU passthrough for a VM to play windows only games and now it defaults all my display outputs to the 560 when I'm on Linux, I get no display when I plug anything into the Vega 56.
this is what I get when i do

Code: Select all

lspci

05:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Baffin [Polaris11] (rev cf)
05:00.1 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Baffin HDMI/DP Audio [Radeon RX 550 640SP / RX 560/560X]

11:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Vega 10 XL/XT [Radeon RX Vega 56/64] (rev c3)
11:00.1 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Vega 10 HDMI Audio [Radeon Vega 56/64]
there are system specs and I see that The Vega says device 2 what can I change to "switch" the device number https://termbin.com/rgaq
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
AidenJames1995

Re: Second GPU became primary GPU

Post by AidenJames1995 »

Which slot is each GPU in? Also what motherboard do you have?
Decoy[txt]

Post by Decoy[txt] »

ASRock model: X570 Steel Legend WiFi ax
And I have the Vega in the first x16 PCIe with x16 wired PCIe Lanes
And the RX 560 it's in the next x16 PCIe but I think it's wired for X4 or x8
Decoy[txt]

Post by Decoy[txt] »

07:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Vega 10 XL/XT [Radeon RX Vega 56/64] (rev c3)

11:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Baffin [Polaris11] (rev cf)
When I swap the GPUs into the other pcie slots the display comes out of the vega card and this is what comes out when I do lspci
Decoy[txt]

Post by Decoy[txt] »

Ok, I think i fixed it I had to go into my main-boards UEFI and disable all of the "legacy boot" settings. I think it was prioritizing the DVI port on my 560 and not having my bios show up on my Vega that only has HDMI and DP. Now my bios shows up on the vega card even when I have the 560 in my system kind of a really niche bug

Return to “Beginner Questions”