What to do with monitor that is 600px high?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around LMDE as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums within the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
GroupIII
Level 1
Level 1

What to do with monitor that is 600px high?

Post by GroupIII »

I have a netbook I have just installed Mint v19 on (32 bit). The problem is that the screen is only 600px high. Some of the system and configuration windows extend past the bottom of the display and I can't find a way to see the bottom of them. Is there a method to do this or a screen manager that would allow a larger display area that can be scrolled?

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
antikythera
Level 15
Level 15

Re: What to do with monitor that is 600px high?

Post by antikythera »

This may/may not work with Mint 19 as it's from Mint 20's release notes but it is worth a try:
If your screen resolution is too low, some windows might not fit in the screen.

While pressing the ALT key, you can grab any part of a window with the mouse and move it across the screen.
I’ll tell you a DNS joke but be advised, it could take up to 24 hours for everyone to get it.
freshminted
Level 4
Level 4

Re: What to do with monitor that is 600px high?

Post by freshminted »

And use the hacks suggested in viewtopic.php?p=1503202#p1503202 to generally fix this after installation, but you will still run into windows that need to be moved with the ALT trick sometimes.
Complete World Domination within five years.

Return to “Beginner Questions”