"Applications go missing from the menu"

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around LMDE as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums within the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
yvanlm
Level 1
Level 1

"Applications go missing from the menu"

Post by yvanlm »

Well it's useful to be able to manually add missing applications in the menu, but lately some of my applications which were in the menu for a long time have started to disappear in my LMDE4 menu.
At first this happened to Password Safe, an app I use all the time. This afternoon I needed to use my scanner and Simple-Scan had also disappeared...I was able to locate and launch it through the Software Manager, but it's inconvenient to say the least. I never had this happen to me before and I have used all the LMDE versions so far with the standard Cinnamon interface.
I re-added Password Safe to the Accessories menu a week or so ago, but for items I don't use often it's rather easy not to miss them until you need to use them again.
Is this a new bug?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Beginner Questions”