How to enable splash screen?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around LMDE as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums within the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MarkLagodych
Level 1
Level 1

How to enable splash screen?

Post by MarkLagodych »

I have LMDE 4 installed on SSD drive with rEFInd boot manager (for dual-booting with legacy Windows on a separate HDD). LMDE boots well, but during startup I see nothing but blinking cursor on black screen. When I was installing LMDE from a USB stick I saw a beautiful splash with Linux Mint logo. How to enable splash now?
rEFInd uses these options to boot LMDE:

Code: Select all

root=UUID=<Some UUID here> ro quiet splash inird=boot\initrd.img-4.19.0-16-amd64
Shouldn't have "quiet splash" options already done the thinng?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MarkLagodych
Level 1
Level 1

Re: How to enable splash screen?

Post by MarkLagodych »

I need to add that I have Nvidia graphics card and I have chosen "Nvidia drivers" installation of LMDE so I have Nvidia drivers installed.

Return to “Beginner Questions”